Here is a quick reminder of what to include when promoting and reporting on your fabulous IRC event!
DON'T FORGET to mention IRC rating when talking about your event - some of those reading about it won't know which rating system you are using.
Regatta promotion PR
- Dates and duration
- Early bird entry date / entries closing date, if applicable
- Sponsor name
- Organising Club
- Rating or Handicap system(s) used.
- Summary of classes offered eg. ‘IRC, local handicap (dual-scored), one-design and dinghies’
- Types of racing and courses (of course these will be varied, not 5 days of W/L…)
- Summary of social programme eg. ‘..from BBQs to cocktail parties’
- Other selling points specific to the event (eg. beautiful area, nationally acclaimed racing, coincides with school holidays – why not bring the family?)
- Link to website with race documents and other details
- “Why YOU should enter this event!”
- Lengthy quotes from eg. sponsors, the local mayor
- Irrelevant information that distracts from the main message
Regatta report PR
- Approximate number of boats that raced if it was significant.
- Brief overview of conditions and type of courses run
- Name of top placed boats in each class & any other prizes awarded, with link to full results
- Rating or Handicap system used.
- A fun round up of the social scene
- Sell the event for next year!
- “Why YOU should be here next time…”
- Tack-by-tack report on the races
- Lengthy quotes
Have a great event!